This morning I woke up in my uncles town house in a Philly Suburb at the crack of dawn (literally) and by this afternoon(3:00pm eastern time) I am sitting under a tree in Golden Gate Park typing up this message. Across the country in five hours; not bad if you ask me.
So about my journey. It all started about two months ago when my friend/fellow English Major handed me a pamphlet and said I should check it out. San Francisco Urban Studies Program: spend a semester in Sunny California learning about the city of San Francisco, participating in an internship (HarperOne: cross my fingers!), and take a varieyt of courses. As you, my loyal followers, have probably figured out, I was hooked. And within the next three days I had my application filled out and sent through cyber space. And as they say, the rest is history (or present, considering I'm less than halfway through my first day).
Today: today I woke up at approximately 4:15am, rolled out of bed, and headed to the airport. Hiccup number one: Rachel forgets her nose ring (surprise, surprise) and reacts a little two strongly. Sorry for my choice words in the car dad, I blame lack of sleep. Anyway, I guess we should count it a miracle I managed to remember everything else. Check the bags, say goodbye, go through security (Note to self: do not wear boots on an airplane), get on airplane, sleep, pee, watch movie, read, pee, sleep, eat, pee, i-pod, pee. Exist plane and enter San Francisco. I'm fairly certain I left this life and entered another (heaven perhaps?) because this new, magical land is warm, sunny, clean, warm, rainbowed, dread locked, warm, pierced, vegetative, wonderful, and warm. Which brings us to the present- me sitting under an enormous tree writing this post, finding a bathroom in the very near future.
Stay tuned for more exiting updates.....
A lot of peeing going on, Rachel! I only pee that much when I am nervous (as in flying across the country) or when I drink too much beer (ditto the previous parenthetical comment). SF is beautiful, though somewhat scruffy, kind of like my old black chucks. I hope you have the time of your life out there! Looking forward to more of your posts.
ReplyDeleteHa, ha!! Uncle Game beat me to it!! Take a picture of the tree and post it, please. And, don't pee on it. just sayin.....
ReplyDeletei think it was a combination of a small bladder, nerves, and complimentary refreshments
ReplyDeleteGotta love those complimentary beverages!!!
ReplyDeleteyou stop existing airplanes, cuz! I hope you have fun out there in the nexus of all hippiedom. Just be careful not to inhale too much smug!
ReplyDelete